Saturday, December 1, 2018

Week 7: The Novel of Spiritual Education

I like this story after I read The night circus. It looks like Harry Potter mash-up with Romeo and Juliet.
I really like the details in the story, like the changing of the characters’ emotions and age of the event. These details make this story believable. I also the special circus design. Not the usual red and yellow color but black and white.

The two main character grows in a really different background. Alexander and Prospero have really different teaching style.  Prospero trains his daughter Celia very strict. Alexander just gives his student a lot of freedom. He gives him a lot of resources and let him study by himself. I like the author use this way to build different types of characters. I think the background add more conflict between the character and more interesting when they meet each other.

I also finish the Harry Potter for this week. I feel both of the stories have their own way to present the magical education. In the Night Circus, It has two different teaching style and makes these two characters fall in love with each other to raise the conflict. In Harry Potter,  It also includes the different teaching style. But the conflict is not because of the characters education nut of their lineage. The author uses the wizard and muggle to raise the conflict. And I also feel more related to Harry Potter’ character. Because the author builds the whole magic school even the magic in the story, the characters in Harry Potter are easier to understand and related to real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment