Sunday, November 25, 2018

In Class: Bloodchild

1. What is your reaction to the text you just read.?

I’m not usually read this type of story which is about the alien. I was a little confused by the story when I first time read this story. In my previous experience, they are always about occupying and rule the earth when the stories are about the alien. I think it is interesting that the writer made the complicated relationship between alien and human. In this story, the alien has a close relationship with those humans. The interesting part of reading this story is it makes me confused when I keep reading it. It looks normal at the beginning but everything goes strangely.  

2. What connections did you make with the story? Discuss the elements of the work with which you added to connect.

The connection in the story I think is the mother. She is the only one who knows the dangers and tries to protect people she loves. This is the most normal and related character in this story for me. She is a normal character compared to the other characters.

3. What changes would you make to adopt this story into another medium? What medium would you use? What changes would you make?

In my personal opinion, I usually prefer the movie than the novel. I’m interested in the looking of those aliens. How do they look like? How they live in the environment? I really interesting in the visual element in the story. And I believe can have an interesting way to tell the story and show a different version of this story to the audiences. In the movie, audiences can see all of this character and the environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment