Sunday, September 30, 2018

Writing: Weird

This week's topic is "weird". I feel not really comfortable with what I read and watch this week. The movie we watch in the class " Under the skin" is really impressed me. There is not a lot dialog in the movie. The way they shoot the film is so different from the movie I usually watch. But there is one scene makes me really uncomfortable.

At the beach scene, we all know the couple drowns in the sea and the diver who wants to save them is killed by the main character. And more, even they don't show the baby is dead, but we all know he will die at the end. I shocked by this scene. When I'm in the story class, the teacher always tells us don't kill the character if they do not deserve to die. And most of the movie I watched is kind of follow this rule. But in this scene, The diver tries his best to save people's life. The husband also tries his best to save his family. They all good people and didn't do anything wrong. But they all die at that scene.

This is so different from what I've been trained. In the animation movie, the good people always have the happy ending and get what they want at the end. And the villain usually got punished or they really learn something. These animation film always make me feel positive. I believe everything will be fine at the end even the character may face some problem during their journey. But I don't know why I feel so hopeless in this movie. The music, color, lighting, and the story. I can't feel any happiness in this film even in the party scene.

And same as the story I read this week, King Rat. The story is interesting but I also feel a lot of depression and the negative feeling in the story. I feel this topic "weird" has a lot darker story. The character act colder maybe they are not human. It is a really good experience to watch this type of story and movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment